Descript 79.1.0 is an all-in-one editor that makes editing as easy as a Word doc. Upload media or record directly in Descript to instantly transcribe your file into text, then tweak the text to directly edit your media clips. Transcriptions are fast and accurate and come with automatic speaker detection. Edit out filler words and silence gaps with a single click. Record your screen and webcam, edit out mistakes in seconds, and publish immediately to a link for sharing. Access pros editing features like multi-track editing, live collaboration, auto-captioning, and more.
A few years ago, Descript burst onto the scene as an entirely new approach to editing audio. For anyone working on podcasts, it’s a vastly different way of doing things compared to traditionally complex audio tools; how Descript works is simple. First, it automatically transcribes all your uploaded audio (thanks to artificial intelligence), and then you edit your recordings by simply highlighting and deleting (or moving) any words or passages in a text editor.
I started a new podcast earlier this year and picked Descript for all my editing. At first, I wasn’t sure it was robust enough. A dozen episodes later, I’m convinced their approach is a much faster and easier way to edit audio. If you’ve never tried it, you’re in luck: Descript recently revamped its desktop app, adding video storyboarding, editing, and production tools in addition to existing audio functionality. The Descript does require a paid subscription for anything more than testing, but plans are reasonable and priced on the low end for casual users, as well as offering robust plans for more professional production needs.
Descript + Activation Key Free Download
Descript + Activation Key interviews and meetings used to be time-consuming, and editing them into podcasts required an experienced audio engineer. Not anymore. Machines are learning to perform these tasks, and humans are constantly improving. Naturally, several automatic transcription services are taking advantage of these breakthroughs, but they are only as good as the accuracy their speech-to-text API can provide.
“Accurate transcription is foundational to our business,” says Andrew Mason, CEO of Descript, a startup offering the world’s first audio word processor—an app that syncs audio to automated transcripts and provides easy editing capabilities. “We try every speech-to-text API that comes out, and accuracy is the most important consideration by a vast margin.” You can also create video visualizations of your podcast called audiograms. You can then share the audiogram or videos you’ve created on social media or embed them directly onto your website, document, wiki, or other CMS.
I wish I could put my customized branding on the video more. The pro allows me to remove the Descript watermark at least, but having the ability to replace the Descript watermark with a logo of my own would be a game-changer.To provide the highest possible level of word accuracy, Descript switched to Google Cloud Speech, the same toolset that supports the speech recognition features in Google Assistant.
Descript + License Key
Descript + License Key has a major advantage because it has massive audio content repositories like YouTube, giving it access to a huge amount of training audio necessary to build a great speech model,” Andrew explains. “That’s a big part of why we found Google Cloud Speech more accurate than the others.” Descript provides an API that lets businesses integrate the platform with several third-party solutions, including Evernote, Slack, Google Drive, DropBox, and Box. The overdub functionality lets staff members use text-to-speech technology to automatically generate voiceovers.
DataForce offers speech and audio transcription services to scale your speech and audio recognition capabilities by augmenting your training and test data in a language you are already working on or expanding your language portfolio. Transcript aligns speech with its written form. In addition to writing out what has been said, it includes various client-specific tags for background noise, speaker noise (e.g., a cough), incomplete words, or unintelligible speech. Tracking speakers and providing timestamps around speaker turns or other audio events are often required for conversational data.
The description is a transcription management and video editing software designed for businesses in multiple industries, such as marketing, sales, user research, online learning, and customer support. It helps team members collaborate on projects, send feedback, create shared folders, add comments, and track document versions. Create clips of your podcast or video for social media. Just drag and drop the section of the podcast or video, and the platform will automatically transcribe it. You can then add images, captions, waveforms, animations, or progress bars into the video creator to make your social video engaging.
- Audio and video editing and mixing
- Overdub with your voice or stock voices
- Automatically filter out filler words like “um.”
- Publish in one click for easy sharing or feedback
- Audiogram creator that visualizes your podcast audio
- Social media video maker to create shareable social clips
- Human- and AI-driven transcriptions and subtitles
- One-click echo and background noise removal
- CEO & founder at Descript.
- Train CEO & founder at Detour, train CEO & co-founder at Groupon.
- Descript’s Storyboard release has some exciting new features for audio creators
- Creators have always had to use different tools for audio and video production; at Descript,
- we think that’s an accident of history. Increasingly, creators don’t draw boundaries between the two mediums, and neither should their tools.
- When we design new features, we think about how they can work across all forms of narrative media that are at the core of Descript’s value.
- That’s never been more obvious than in our Descript Storyboard release.
- So, while the updates in Storyboard are largely focused on video, there’s a lot in there for podcasters to love.
- Here are a few highlights.
- Overall, I love it and want to learn how to use the other features, but I am thrilled with the features I know how to use.”
- Overall, I’m thrilled with what Descript has brought to my show.
- I’m even more excited to post new episodes now because I know each week the listeners get…”
- Descript helped me go from a novice at audio editing to proficient within just a few weeks. I find Descript to be a super useful tool, and…”
- Because it is cloud-based, I had nothing on my hard drive to try and salvage.
- It just stopped working.”
- There is no way to edit two separate tracks in one audio. I.e.
- Two people speaking with their audios).”
- And they seem to always show up, even when they’ve been corrected previously, so it’s unclear whether the ‘machine’ is actually ‘learning.
- Minimum 8GB RAM.
- Microsoft Windows 64-bit OS (10.0 or greater)
- Windows 10 Version 1903(May 2019 Update) or later required for Screen Recorder and
- Computer Audio.
- Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser is required for authentication
How To Install?
- Download the Descript Installer for Mac.
- Once the .zip file has been downloaded to your computer, click to unpack the file; then
- double-click the installer app to launch and begin installing Descript.
- If you’re prompted to confirm opening the file, click Open
- Once the download is complete, sign in or create an account. After that, you can start using Descript.